JW
Posted By
Joe Wilson
Apr 5, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem with CS3 keyboard shortcuts. I’m trying to assign F-keys F1 – F6 to some commands, but it won’t me reassign F2 to F4 — I get a message like "F2 is already in use by the action titles Cut (selection) which overrides this command." I tried to delete the F2 shortcut from Cut (which it let me do) before assigning it to Rotate, but I still couldn’t assign Rotate to F2. I also tried deleting that shortcut set and creating a new one, but same results. I could do this in CS2; does CS3 lock out certain F-keys? I’m using CS3 Extended under OSX 10.5.2. Thanks for any help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JW
Joe Wilson
Apr 6, 2008
In article ,
Joe Wilson wrote:

I have a problem with CS3 keyboard shortcuts. I’m trying to assign F-keys F1 – F6 to some commands, but it won’t me reassign F2 to F4 — I get a message like "F2 is already in use by the action titles Cut (selection) which overrides this command." I tried to delete the F2 shortcut from Cut (which it let me do) before assigning it to Rotate, but I still couldn’t assign Rotate to F2. I also tried deleting that shortcut set and creating a new one, but same results. I could do this in CS2; does CS3 lock out certain F-keys? I’m using CS3 Extended under OSX 10.5.2. Thanks for any help.

–Never mind — I figured it out.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections