SA
Posted By
Stephen_Alger
Apr 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I took several pictures of my house to use for a real estate flyer. It is all vinyl sided, so there are a lot of lines. I find that at the size to screen size, the images are very distorted. If you zoom in, the distortion goes away. I don’t seem to have this problem with other pictures. Just the ones of my house.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 3, 2004
Your screen can simply not resolve the finer lines from the higher resolution image when compressed to a smaller screen size, and shows the lines as aliased or with moire pattern. It’s a video phenomenon only.

Mac
SA
Stephen_Alger
Apr 3, 2004
Thanks.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 3, 2004
Forgot to mention, if you want to USE it onscreen, just downsample to 400, 600, 800, whatever, pixels long side. Whatever size you want to see it at on your screen. As long as you use same/fewer pixels than you screen rez is set to, should look fine.

Mac
DM
Darian Muresan
Apr 3, 2004
Stephen,

What you also ran into is what’s called: "aliasing" in the signal processing world. In geeky terms this means that the image was sampled at less than twice highest frequency in the image. The solution to aliasing is to low-pass filter the image before downsampling.

Best,
Darian
http://www.dmmd.net

wrote in message
I took several pictures of my house to use for a real estate flyer. It is
all vinyl sided, so there are a lot of lines. I find that at the size to screen size, the images are very distorted. If you zoom in, the distortion goes away. I don’t seem to have this problem with other pictures. Just the ones of my house.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections