MB
Posted By
Mike_Boreham
Apr 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just noticed that my "Adobe Photoshop CS3" folder has acquired a folder called "MATLABS".

It hasn’t always been there. A bit of googling suggests it only does anything with CS3 extended, but I have CS3 standard.

Is it any use to me? Can I/should I trash it?

Thanks

Mike

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 8, 2008
I wouldn’t trash it.

If Photoshop installed it, it almost certainly means that it wants it to be present on your computer. It only uses 3 MB of disk space anyway.

Open the MATLAB folder and read the PDF which starts by saying:

The MathWorks MATLAB® and Adobe® Photoshop® Read Me The MATLAB files in this folder create a Photoshop Toolbox in MATLAB. This toolbox creates an easy to use workflow for scientist and researchers using MATLAB and Photoshop in combination. This is a set of MATLAB m files that expand MATLAB functions and allow MATLAB users to call Photoshop commands directly from the MATLAB command prompt. This enables the ability to get and set pixel values directly in MATLAB and then view in either MATLAB or Photoshop.
BD
Brett_Dalton
Apr 9, 2008
You can only USE the MatLAB functionality with Extended addition. What most people dont realise is that the only difference between the two versions is the serial number. Deleting bit because you cant use them doesn’t mean it wont trash the program…. so don’t delete it.

BRETT

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections