Kinda OT: Anybody looking for a deal on PS CS?

BH
Posted By
Beth_Haney
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PS
Paul_Smallridge
Apr 6, 2004
Beth,

Interesting!

As an Elements V2 product user I do not find an offer of $300 (at current exchange rates about £170) for CS at all enticing – but I’m not having a go at you!

Generally US prices are one-to-one with UK prices so the price of $299 will probably become £299 despite the exchange rate of the pound/dollar! Even more unenticing!

Regards.
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 6, 2004
The only thing is that you will also need to purchase a manual…so that’s more like $357…or so I imagine there’s also some shipping tacked on to the book price.
DN
DS_Nelson
Apr 6, 2004
I know that the retail version of PS CS does come with a manual, as I recently bought it. I would assume that this offer is the same one that I bought. The full Creative Suite is the one that does not include paper manuals, only pdf manuals on the CD.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Apr 6, 2004
Unless the PS CS manual is a whole lot better than the PS 7 manual, I would spend the money instead on a good book or two, such as the ones from Kelby and Eismann.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 6, 2004
The Photoshop Bible by Deke McClelland is excellent, too. I got that one to go with CS. And it makes such an impression on guests! 🙂
TF
Terri_Foster
Apr 6, 2004
I only brought that up because I knew that at least one of the CS Photoshops ordered online didn’t include the manual. Yes, the store bought version has a manual but since Beth brought up the adobe store…I knew she was referring to an online offer. Beth, does that mean you are using the Photoshop Bible as a coffee table book? LOL. Does this mean the book is any good or not? I have Kelby’s books which are great but was wondering if McClelland’s book was worth a look.

Terri
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 6, 2004
Hi Beth,

My Husband renewed his Macworld subscription and it came with a free book …. The Photoshop 7 Bible by Deke McClelland !!! Maybe they were getting rid of the old ones 🙂

Its a great book but very thick!!

Wendy
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Apr 7, 2004
Does anyone know if you have to own a Microtek product to take advantage of this great offer? I was thinking the Elements serial # required may be specific to that product, I hope not.

Barb
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 7, 2004
It’s not specific Barb. Your number will work.
BW
Barbara_Wayne
Apr 7, 2004
Mark, thanks! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections