Looking for a plugin for Windows Meta Files (.wmf)

RL
Posted By
Russell_L_Andrews
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of a plugin for the .wmf file format for Elements. I’m currently using PSP or IrfanView. But I would like to load directly into Elements. I tried using google, but got information overload as usual without finding what I want.

thanks, Rusty

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 9, 2004
If you’re on a Mac, you may use Graphics Converter (I believe it’s free with every Mac, but I’m not 100% sure).

If you’re on Windows…

http://stallion.abac.peachnet.edu/download/HPSJ5100C/Adobe/E nglish/Install/P LUG-INS/WMFFORMA.8BI

Or http://tinyurl.com/ytff3

This is a plugin you’ll copy into the following folder:
Adobe Photoshop Elements \ Plugin \ File Format \

Next time you’ll do a File / Open, the WMF (Windows Metafile) format will be an available choice.

Ray
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 9, 2004
It is very limited as to resolution you’ll get from the vector WMF files though. So is IrfanView’s implementation.

Best way to do wmf into Elements is open in program like CorelDraw or Illustrator, save as .ai or .eps. Then you’ll have choice of resolution at which to rasterize, sky’s the limit.

Mac
RL
Russell_L_Andrews
Jul 9, 2004
Ray,
I’ve installed the plug-in and it’s working great!
thanks,

Rusty
RL
Russell_L_Andrews
Jul 9, 2004
Mac,
I’ll keep that in mind.
thanks, Rusty
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 9, 2004
I just tried the one Ray suggested in Photoshop, and must admit, this plugin is better than previous ones I’ve tried…it DOES allow ppi choices up to 600 at the drawn size of the wmf, so it is much more flexible than previous wmf plugins I’ve seen…good findage, Ray.

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections