Posted By
TrialAndError
Jul 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi !

How long are you waiting after you cliked ok ? Is it possible that youre on a slow machine and it would just take a while for th next menue to load up.

Can you reduce file size of the source pics and retry, does it change anythign ?

are you using 16 bit sourcefiles ? as far as I know it will only work with 16 bit source files (the result witll certainly 32 bit).

Is it possible that the menue windwos just somehow "jumped" behind the big main window ?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TH
Thomas_Hawk
Jul 24, 2008
I’m having this same error. It’s annoying.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 24, 2008
Were your photographs all made with different exposures?

They need to have been for HDR to work.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 24, 2008
Bernard and Thomas,

More info, please about your machines, RAM, OS, PS version, file type, mode and size, scratch disc, free space, etc.

Are the photos identical with the exception of exposure?

Thanks.

Neil
MS
Matt Stanford
Dec 3, 2008
I have exactly the same issue – but only the first time I run it during a Photoshop session.

I get through to the screen showing white point setting (+ 8/16/32 bit dropdown) – make my choices, hit OK – the screen goes away and nothing happens. No document is created – it’s not hiding, it’s just like it forgets what it was doing and drops the document it was making.

Run exactly the same command over the same images again, and no problems – a nice HDR image is created without any fuss at all.

The problem doesn’t repeat itself till I close and re-open Photoshop again; and then it happens on the first run, but not again.

PS CS3 (10.0.1) on a MacBookPro 17 with Leopard (10.5.5) 2.4GHz, 2Gb memory, and a secondary monitor. I believe this problem exists without the second monitor.

I’m using DNG files exported from Lightroom, where I adjusted white point and exposure from RAW files straight from the camera.

System add-ons – Default Folder (up to date), Growl, Hazel, Flip4Mac, BlueHarvest, Perian, Fruux, Win Shortcutter, Startup Sound and X3Watch.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections