AB
Posted By
Angelika_Braun
Jul 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to use photomerge, but it does not work. Does anyone have an idea why?Here is what I do: I open automate, photomerge, I select several ps or jpg files, choose ‘layout auto’, bookmark ‘blend images together’ and click afterward ‘ok’. Nothing happens.
thanks for advice
angelika

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 24, 2008
Angelika,

Please tell us something about your system: Mac model, OS, RAM, free hard drive space, scratch disc space….

And about the photos: color mode, file sizes, how many photos you are trying to merge…

Do you get an error message?

Does this only happen with certain photos? Is this something "new" that is happening on your system (was it working "before")?

Neil
AB
Angelika_Braun
Jul 24, 2008
Hello Neil!
I have a macBook Pro 2.2 GHZ Processor Speed, OS 10.4.11, 2 GB Ram, 50.64 GB free harddrive – I do not know, where to find the information about scratch disc space!?
I have tried 4 images, each 3872×2592 pix, 240 dpi, RGB color, 8 bits channel. No, I do not get any error message, just nothing happens. It is the first time that I try photomerge, so I guess I am doing something wrong. Thanks for taking the time to help.
Angelika
B
Buko
Jul 24, 2008
Are these pictures a series of shots that would become a panorama when merged?

do the images have anything in common with each other? Like overlapping objects, the bush on the right in image 1 would match the bush on the left in image 2.
AB
Angelika_Braun
Jul 24, 2008
Hello Buko!
yes!
thanks, Angelika
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 24, 2008
Angelika,

Buko makes a good point. There should be somewhere around 1/3 image overlap (I’m being conservative). The component images should be same focal length, same exposure, same color mode, exact same point of view (use a tripod)…

Neil
B
Buko
Jul 24, 2008
to start I would just try merging 2 pictures. Your scratch is on your system drive unless you have an external drive set up as scratch.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 24, 2008
Insufficient Scratch space on a separate non-System HD may be the reason for Angelica’s difficulties.
AB
Angelika_Braun
Jul 24, 2008
Thanks to everyone, that was helpful! I wanted to open the images from an external harddrive. So now I copied the images on my internal Hd and… it works! Super! Thank you so much everyone!!!
Where would I need to increase the scratch space on my external Hd? It is a 256 GB WD and I have 34.8 GB still available?
B
Buko
Jul 24, 2008
34.8 GB free on a 256GB hard drive is flirting with disater. either burn about 150GB to DVD or get a new Hard drive.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 24, 2008
35 GB isn’t really enough space.

Ideally, you need to partition the external HD making the first partition at least 60 GB.

Then, in Photoshop’s Prefs., choose that new 60 GB partition as your first Scratch Disk.
AB
Angelika_Braun
Jul 24, 2008
Again, thank you very much for advising me so good!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections