LT
Posted By
Leo_Turner
Apr 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My system is a Celeron 2.4 cpu with 512 meg memory. My problem is when I try to do Photomerge I get a message saying to do this Elements must convert the image from 16 bits to 8. When I click OK I get an error message saying "There is no command to execute". Is there anybody who might know what I’m doing wrong or who might be able to work around this problem?

Thanks,

Leo Turner

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Apr 10, 2004
Leo, are the images you’re trying to merge scanned at 16-bits perhaps? If so, maybe you should open each one in Elements and let the program convert them to 8-bit before trying to use Photomerge. Just an idea….no experience with this one.

Chuck
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 10, 2004
I think Chuck is right and you need to get the conversion done before using Photomerge.
LT
Leo_Turner
Apr 13, 2004
Chuck – –
If my scanner (Visioneer 8920) has a bit scanning option I don’t know how to access it – – however it must be scanning at 16 bits because Elements says the files are 16 bits – –
Just how would I convert the files to 8 bit in Elements? I don’t see any options in the program to do this – –

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I appreciate you taking the time to help – –

Leo
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 13, 2004
Leo, when I’ve scanned something at a bit depth higher than what Elements can handle, PSE gives me a warning when I try to open the image that it will be converted. I just say OK or Yes or whatever it takes to let it know I agree and it’s done automatically. Now, if you have these scans at 16 bit and want to save them for future use, make duplicates and work with the copies.

Have you opened each of these 16 bit images in Elements as individual files before trying to use Photomerge?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections