NM
Posted By
Nick_McAvaney
Dec 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having a problem with the Save for Web option. I’m trying to create some Wallpapers from photos I have and when I try and do it, it says:

Could not complete the Export command because this version of Photoshop does not supply the services required by this plug-in module.

I’m using Photoshop Elements 1.0 and the Save for Web option does work, because I have used it on other similar photos.

My image includes a couple of layers of text as well, but again, I have used the Save for Web option with multiple layers in the past.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks, Nick.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Dec 28, 2003
Nick,

Export command??? After you use Save For Web, just OK it and point to a folder to store it in. SFW flattens layers itself because it converts to jpg which doesn’t support layers.
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 28, 2003
It sounds like a compatability issue to me. You may end up having to find a different plug-in or program to do this task.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 28, 2003
I saved this from another post quite a while ago. Try it and see if it helps. It can’t hurt. I don’t know if this applies to Save for Web for both versions of Elements, but it can’t hurt to try:

Posted by Rich Coencas:

"Save for Web has it’s own preferences and there is a shortcut to delete them on Windows, but it doesn’t work on Mac. However on Mac you can find them in your user/username/library/preferences folder. On Win they are indeed in the registry. The shortcut is Control-Alt while launching Save for Web."
JA
Jay_A_Johnson
Dec 29, 2003
My Save for the web command does not appear to be working. When I click on this option, the next screen does not appear. I have used this same command on other computer and it works fine with the pop up options window appearing. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks. Jay Johnson
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 29, 2003
Try deleting the preferences file for it. Hold ctr/alt as you press SFW
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 29, 2003
Jay, how much RAM do you have installed? I ran into a similar problem before expanding from 128 MB to 512 MB. If the delete preferences suggestion doesn’t work, that may be another area to examine.

Chuck
JA
Jay_A_Johnson
Dec 29, 2003
Thanks for the information, however, I did try that and still do not get a pop up box for save for web options. After deleting the preferences, should I just be able to go back in, open the program and get the pop up? Any other suggestions out there.
JA
Jay_A_Johnson
Dec 29, 2003
Current RAM is 512 MB
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 29, 2003
defrag ?
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 29, 2003
defrag ?

That was going to be my next suggestion; when I was having the problem I had also never defragged; took about 6 hours to complete it was so bad…. So maybe it wasn’t the RAM after all…
JA
Jay_A_Johnson
Dec 29, 2003
I have had the computer for less than 2 weeks. Shouldn’t need defrag I wouldn’t think. Should I try reloading the program. Is this anyone has had experience with.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 29, 2003
Have you looked in the application folder on the hard drive to see if the Save for Web files are even in there? If you don’t see them, you might try an overinstall. They should be in Presets, and it’s called Web Contact Sheet. In there you’ll find a number of sub folders representing the various styles.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections