GE
Posted By
gerald_eisen
Jul 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have all of a sudden encountered a problem that when I process a photo in CS3 bridge and try to save it (no matter where) the photo reverts back to its non processed form. I then have to go back and reopen it in bridge, click on the default and then click done on the bottom of the screen.

Thanks

Jerry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 28, 2008
gerald,

How are you "processing" images in Bridge? What format and color mode are these photos? Which OS? How much RAM? How large are these images? How are you opening the processed images?

Please walk us through every step that you are taking.

Thanks.

Neil
B
Buko
Jul 28, 2008
LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </webx?50>
GE
gerald_eisen
Jul 28, 2008
I’ve been doing it the same way for years and this problem popped up yesterday. Get image from card into bridge. Was shot in jpg. Open bridge make corrections and then save it to a folder on my desktop. The photo is corrected when it enters the folder, but when I reopen the folder the image reverts back to the original unprocessed one. In order to get it back to the processed image i have to click on the default button on the bridge raw screen everytime I reopen the image. This is the first this has ever happened after processing thousands of images over the years. Am using CS3. This even happens when I process in aperture or even in olympus studio 2. When I reopen in bridge or photoshop the image looks as it did before it was processed. Very strange.

Thanks
B
Buko
Jul 28, 2008
How are you getting the contents of your card to the computer.

I have found that physically copying the images to the hard drive before getting Bridge in to the picture is best and causes the least amount of problems.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 28, 2008
gerald,

You are still not making yourself clear. I can guess. But for us not to get a solution to your problem, please use the exact terms and steps you’ve followed. For instance:

Get image from card into bridge.

How? What does this mean?

Open bridge make corrections and then save it to a folder on my desktop.

Are you working off your memory card? What kinds of corrections? Is this still a .jpg file?

The photo is corrected when it enters the folder

How does a photo "enter" a folder?

In order to get it back to the processed image i have to click on the default button on the bridge raw screen everytime I reopen the image.

What "default" button? What does it say? Where is it?

When I reopen in bridge or photoshop the image looks as it did before it was processed.

But how does it look in or print from Photoshop?

Etc.

Neil
GE
gerald_eisen
Jul 28, 2008
Problem has been solved. Somehow in the camera raw preferences the apply auto tone adjustments box was checked and ever ytime I reopened the image it reverted back to the unprocessed version and wanted to correct it.

Thanks all for you comments.
L
Lundberg02
Jul 28, 2008
This just means that you are opening the unprocessed image if the box is checked.

Are your processed images opening correctly now that the box is unchecked?

How did the box get checked, is it a default?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections