J
Posted By
JeffN
Jul 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This one has me stumped. I’m printing using print w/preview to an epson 3800Pro printer, normally no problem. Over the last few months on and off, after I hit the print button I get a window in PS that says "could not print xxx(doc.).psd because the disk is not available."
It’s random, I’ve tried rebooting, repairing permissions, printing from another hard disk, (internal and external). But nothing works. On occasion, I’ve kept working on the retouching and not trying to print. Then after several hours I’ll try to print and it prints no problem and will continue ok for days. Then several days later, same problem, and it may stay "that way" for several days. I had the problem last week, installed the latest updates and it was fine until today. Now the same problem.

I don’t know why I get the window saying "could not print xxx(doc.).psd because the disk is not available." or what it means. I can open any document in PS from that or any hard disk. It won’t print the open document I’m working on, or any other image document that I open.
Anyone with any idea where to go with this?
Thanks
Jeff N

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Jul 28, 2008
"could not print xxx(doc.).psd because the disk is not available."

could it be some sort of permissions thing? just stabbing in the dark.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 28, 2008
Or loose connections. Or the scary scenario, possibly a failing hard drive?

Neil
J
JeffN
Jul 28, 2008
About the only thing I can think of is to zero write my OS partition and reinstall from my good backup and run the updates.
B
Buko
Jul 28, 2008
I’d do an Archive and install first its faster if it works and you save all your settings
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 28, 2008
Corrupt printer driver.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections