GC
Posted By
Gerald_Culling
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every now an then I will be working on an image when it suddenly disappears off-screen. How can I bring it back onscreen please? The only way I have found is to close the file and reopen it. There must be an easier way……… And what could I be doing to "lose" the image in the first place?
Thanks,
Gerry

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 13, 2004
Gerry,

could you give us a little more info about your system? Although I doubt that is the issue.

Have you tried hitting your "tab" key to make sure that the image didn’t get relocated at the bottom or top of the screen? I don’t think that would happen but you never know!

Make sure you didn’t accidentally minimize the image. If you did there sould be a small rectangle at the lower left of the screen that you can click on to restore the image.

Dick
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 13, 2004
Gerry,

First, to bring back your image(s) : Window / Images / Tile or Cascade. That shall do the trick.

As for your images disappearing, I found a defective mouse driver to be the cause in my case. If you’re using a mouse with a scroll wheel, for example, and it requires a special driver (Microsoft Mouse for example), go download the latest drivers.

If you’re using a Wacom Tablet, that could also be the cause. Same remedy here, download the latest drivers (make sure you don’t pick the Beta, though, you might find some strange things happening, at times).

Ray
GC
Gerald_Culling
Apr 14, 2004
Thanks Guys! The Windows>Images>Tile or Cascade, works fine to get the image back. It also gets back the Browser, which has a habit of "disappearing" also!
I am using a Wacom Tablet but I believe the problem existed before I started using it. I am also using a Cirque Touchpad. I will look for the latest drivers (Windows XP Home) for both of them also. Thanks again. Gerry
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 14, 2004
Glad to have been of help!

Another satisfied customer.. Thank you for your business, and please come back again 🙂

Ray… Who’s been way too longer on hold today.. 😉

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections