How do I make a swatch from torn pieces of fabric?

RR
Posted By
Rosa_Romero
Dec 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to make a fabric swatch using 4 pieces of fabric. I have tried to use the blur tool to make the 4 sections blend onto one another, but you can always tell there are 4 pieces there. Also whenever I print my final swatch the image is printed blurry.
I also need to make the pattern of the fabric be smaller and I need the final out put to be 5" by 5". I have photoshop 7 in windows xp. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Dec 13, 2006
Can you post an example of the image?

<http://www.pixentral.com>
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Dec 13, 2006
Scan fabric, use the rectangular marquee to select a perfect square around the fabric without cutting into any pattern contained in the fabric.

Edit>Create Pattern then use either the paint bucket to fill an area with a pattern or Edit>Fill>Pattern…or if you want to scale the pattern create a pattern adjustment layer from the layer’s palette.
JS
John_Slate
Dec 13, 2006
Key word there being "pattern".

You will more than likely see the repeat pattern when filling a larger area this way.

Creating a pattern that will tile seamlessly and not present an obvious repeat is easier said than done.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 13, 2006
I don’t think Rosa wants a pattern.

To get four pieces to blend into each other, make sure each of the four images is on a separate layer, in the right position related to each other but slightly overlapping.

Then either experiment with blending modes or layer masks.

Save this as a PSD, then flatten the image and resize it to the dimensions you want, cropping if necessary to get the aspect ratio you need, then "Save as" under a new name.
RR
Rosa_Romero
Dec 19, 2006
Hi,

Thanks for trying to help. I posted the image of the fabric I’m trying to work with at pixentral, but I’m not sure I got the correct URL. I titled it bead fabric1

http:/www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1010L3BvnjtSqHck51N AJR3EoOWQP
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 19, 2006
What I said in Post#4 will work for that stuff.

Make separate scans of each piece.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections