J
Posted By
jpkirby3
Aug 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you center an object/text frame/picture in the center of the page? I don’t mean just how to center the text inside a text frame, but actually center the text frame in the smack dab middle of the page without having to eyeball it? So say if I’m making a book cover, how do I make sure that title of the book is in the center of the page? Thanks.

Pat

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
jpkirby3
Aug 13, 2008
And I have Photoshop 7, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Pat
P
ps1
Aug 13, 2008
As an example for center: Create a text layer above your background layer, select your background layer, click the link icon next to your text layer, select the Move tool and look up in your options bar, there should be alignment/distribute icons, click on the Align Center icon.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 13, 2008
Basic question: Is your caps lock key stuck or are you shouting at us?

Another basic question: Did you check the netequette guide to find that expressing a question in simple form on a user to user help forum is more likely to get a helpful response quickly than shouting ‘HELP’ or some such indeterminate expression?
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 13, 2008
Ken and Pat,

Note that I replaced the glaring all-caps + 3 exclamation point subject line.

As for a useful subject line, I’ll leave that up to Pat: If you have a good subject line that you’d like me to substitute, please let me know. As Ken says, a lot of folks will just pass by generic cries of "HELP!!!" and not bother to answer your question.

Please see this for how to get the best responses to your concerns: LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </webx?50>

Thanks.

Neil
J
jpkirby3
Aug 13, 2008
Sorry, I just hit all cap so it’s easier to see my post when I check on it, but your advice is duly noted. Next time shall be different.
B
Buko
Aug 13, 2008
Don’t forget to account for bleed
P
Phosphor
Aug 13, 2008
Select All. Layer<>Align to Selection. Horizontal Center, Vertical Center.

But why are you not using a page layout program for this, instead of Photoshop?
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 13, 2008
Pat,

I changed your topic’s subject line and deleted your duplicate post.

Neil
B
Buko
Aug 13, 2008
But why are you not using a page layout program for this, instead of Photoshop?

Good question.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections