N
Posted By
nytrashman7618
Apr 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have posted this in another forum without any luck getting my printer to work again so i thought i would try posting it here. i have an Epson 890 printer and a bulk feed system from MIS assoc. everything worked fine yesterday morning, printed several documents. yesterday afternoon i went to print a photo and i kept getting a communication error or a general error. the power light along with the maintenance light are flashing all the time.i have tried unplugging the printer but that did nothing at all. anyone have any ideas what happened? i tried to call Epson tech support but this all happened at 4:20pm and tech support closes at 4pm on Sat.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 18, 2004
George, I know you run Panther. Have you tried shutting down your entire system and rebooting? There might also be an Epson Preference folder you could try deleting.
BB
brent_bertram
Apr 18, 2004
George,
First thing I’d do is put in Epson cartridges and see if the communication problem is related to the CFS system ( I have one , too, on my 890 ). Always the possibility of something going crazy on the MIS chipped cartridges, so if the Epson cartridges do work, then contact MIS . Probably they’ve seen it before. I love the convenience of CFS, but it does introduce another thing to go wrong . <G>

🙂

Brent
N
nytrashman7618
Apr 18, 2004
as per Beths advice i deleted the epson preferance folders but that didn’t do anything. next i will try what Brent said and put some original epson ink carts in and see what that does. if worse comes to worse i guess i’ll be getting that 1280 i’ve always wanted.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections