DR
Posted By
David_Rossi
Aug 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get a color cast printing from CS3 while all other applications print fine including LR2. I have eliminated all other possibilities and reinstalled my print drivers from the OSX DVD and reinstalled Photoshop. I am confident I am turning off the driver color management and using photoshop color management. I am sure the printer/paper profile is correct.

But I still have a color cast. I don’t have to print to see the color cast. It is quite clear in the print preview on the CS3 print screen and then again in the driver’s print preview.

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Adobe. The kind helpdesk associate finally instructed me to turn off color management and deal only with the Epson driver. That’s not a good solution.

What am I missing?

Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 20, 2008
David,

Let’s just confirm some basics: do you have a good, current monitor calibration? Have you gone through g ballard’s step-by-step for color management and printing? Start here: <http://www.gballard.net/nca.html> and feel to browse the rest of his site.

Neil
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2008
See if this old post helps:

Ramón G Castañeda, "Printing: The infamous TechNote ID: kb400878 is a major screw-up!" #5, 8 May 2007 9:41 pm </webx?14/4>
PF
Peter_Figen
Aug 21, 2008
David,

I would start by listing EXACTLY the steps you are doing to print your image – every step from Photoshop on through the print driver, even posting screen shots of the various print dialog screens. You are probably missing a single crucial bit in there. Also, how big of a color cast are you getting, in which direction, and is it consistant on all the different print subject you’ve tried?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections