AR
Posted By
Andrea_Reed
Sep 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I pulled up an image in PS CS3 to edit (Tiff file). I added a few designs using a couple of different brushes. And I also added text. It’s for a birth announcement. Now, when I try to open it using iphoto (for a slideshow) OR when I try to open it with my Press Products (CPQ), it won’t open! All of my images (that haven’t been edited with brushes, etc.) appear. The images I have edited appear but I cannot click on them… their numbers, etc. are faded.

The only place I can open them is PS CS3! I have tried saving them every which way. One thing I’ve noticed is it says something like "File must be saved as a copy"… and then it has an exclamation mark beside the Layers box… but I CANNOT click on the layers box to ‘save as a copy’, etc…

What do I do? Help! I’ve never experienced this with CS2… on my PC. I have to have this birth announcement ready by this week!

TIA,
A*

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 14, 2008
Andrea,

Not sure I’m following. Did you try to flatten the .tif and save it under a new name?

Neil
B
Buko
Sep 15, 2008
Did you compress it?
NT
Nini Tj
Sep 15, 2008
You know you have slideshow features in Bridge, right?
AR
Andrea_Reed
Sep 15, 2008
yes, I flattened it and tried to save it under a new name, etc… when I try to pull it up in iphoto or anything else it shows the file name, etc… but I cannot click on it to open it. The only place I can open these pics is in PS CS3… Thank you for your response! I’m going to try a few other things… if you have any suggestions, that would be great! 😀

A*
AR
Andrea_Reed
Sep 15, 2008
Yea, I know I have a slideshow in bridge but I like the iphoto options, etc… My main problem is that I cannot open the pictures in my press products for ordering… or anywhere else. The only place I can open them is in PS CS3. I would like to do a slideshow too but my main thing is getting these images ordered. 😀 Thank you for your response! Have a great day. 😀
A
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 15, 2008
Andrea,

but I cannot click on it to open it. The only place I can open these pics is in PS CS3

If these are 16-bit images, change them to 8-bit.

Neil

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections