Posted By
darkwing_duck
Feb 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Elements 3.0.

As a gag, I’m trying to replace the face of one person with another picture I have.

I’m using an old version of Corel Knock-Out that a buddy of mine is no longer using, to get the face cut out. When I export the cut out picture, the background of the picture is black – so, when I add the layer on top, I lose everything underneath. That is to say, the black layer sits on top of the bottom layer and you can’t see anything underneath it.

What’s the right way to do this? Is there a better way to do the cut out in Elements rather that trying to use two programs?

Also, the skin tones are different on the two people, is there an easy way to adjust the skin tone on one picture or another? The primary difference is the extent to which one person is more tan than the other.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

W
William
Feb 20, 2006
You may also be able to get some good prompt help here for free http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/index.php
Bill

wrote in message
I’m using Elements 3.0.

As a gag, I’m trying to replace the face of one person with another picture I have.

I’m using an old version of Corel Knock-Out that a buddy of mine is no longer using, to get the face cut out. When I export the cut out picture, the background of the picture is black – so, when I add the layer on top, I lose everything underneath. That is to say, the black layer sits on top of the bottom layer and you can’t see anything underneath it.

What’s the right way to do this? Is there a better way to do the cut out in Elements rather that trying to use two programs?

Also, the skin tones are different on the two people, is there an easy way to adjust the skin tone on one picture or another? The primary difference is the extent to which one person is more tan than the other.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections