RR
Posted By
Rez Rock
Apr 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
ok this is my 1st time online with News Groups.

Hi I have a Cannon G5 and it have raw format on it. What I’m trying to find out what is all the hype about raw and is it worth the work to take raw shots and convert to jpg?
I change the setting on my camera to raw and on the display window it says I can only take 24 photos. before on the larges jpg format I could take about the same. I have use all the sizes and formats. I am planning to get adobe Photoshop cs soon as I get the money I can’t afford it right now but I do have paint shop pro 8. I have read all the help file and still feel stupid. well here is my problem if raw is suppose to be the best format and it take up my whole 128 MB compact flash card. How come when I open the file its real small and the quality is very bad. compare to the next highest format. and how do I convert it back to jpg. As I understand raw takes in every detail and then I can reproduce it to be better then taking in jpg by converting raw to jpg. I have no clue what I’m doing as you can tell. if any one can help me please do so.. I really would love to get amazing photos out of this camera.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections