LR
Posted By
Luke_Roberts
Sep 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I load up Photoshop I get "Licensing for this product has stopped" I followed the steps that Adobe provided on their support center. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop – no good 🙁

It worked yesterday but suddenly I got a message "send a crash report"

Can anybody help?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 19, 2008
Luke,

Do you have a beta on your system? How did you uninstall and reinstall? Did you use the clean script utility?

Neil
LR
Luke_Roberts
Sep 19, 2008
No no, I’m trying out the trial version. I used the setup program that comes with Photoshop to uninstall it.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 19, 2008
Luke,

It’s a 30-day demo. How long have you been using it?

Neil
LR
Luke_Roberts
Sep 19, 2008
Around 15-18 days I’d say.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 19, 2008
Luke,

It that when you first installed it?

Neil
LR
Luke_Roberts
Sep 19, 2008
It sure is neil 🙂
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 19, 2008
I believe that there have been certain situations (such as resetting the computer’s clock) that have caused people to get less than the normal 30-days free trial.
LR
Luke_Roberts
Sep 19, 2008
Anything I can do to fix it? 🙁
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 19, 2008
If you didn’t get your 30 days, you could try calling Customer Service but I don’t know if they can do anything about it.

Otherwise you are probably just out of luck I am afraid!
R
Ram
Sep 20, 2008
The only thing that would fix it at this point would be to wipe your whole drive off and install everything from scratch. Not something I’d be willing to do for a trial piece of software with less than two weeks left to run. :/
B
Buko
Sep 20, 2008
If you need Photoshop buy it.
R
Ram
Sep 21, 2008
What Buko says. After at least two weeks of using it, you should know whether you need it or not.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 21, 2008
Luke,

If you have certain older/qualifying software, or if you are a student or faculty, you can purchase at either upgrade or discounted prices.

Neil
the other alternative is to do an archive and install, you get to keep all you settings and files and programs, and providing you’ve deleted the old trial version you can reinstal it and be up and running with another 30 days in about an hour.
R
Ram
Sep 22, 2008
I don’t think that works with just an archive and install, Stevie. Have you ever tried it or seen someone try it? Erase and install would work, of course, but that erases everything on the drive.
18 months in a row I did it, CS2 I think it was.
R
Ram
Sep 22, 2008
Could you update it to 9.0.1 and then 9.0.2?
Nope. It stayed a demo, I just wasn’t happy with the crappy way it worked but still wanted to stay in touch with the new functions so I worked on CS1 and played with CS2 for 18 months, then when CS3 fixed most of the crap I bought the update and carried on.

I just checked, it was CS1 I did it with. I have PS 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 5.5, 6, 7 (no version 8 upgrade) 9 and 10.
R
Ram
Sep 22, 2008
Thanks for checking, Stevie. I don’t think one had to worry about activation back then.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections