HF
Posted By
Horst_Fiedler
Aug 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Fresh install of CS3 premium upgrade from CS2.
Windows XP Pro

If I try to open more than one file at a time CS3 crashes with the following message: "Adobe Photoshop CS3 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Deleting preferences makes no difference.
CS2 never crashed.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Aug 6, 2007
make sure your default system printer is not a network printer.
K
kimobaker
Aug 6, 2007
I have the same problem. Why would the default printer make any difference??? I will try this though.
HF
Horst_Fiedler
Aug 6, 2007
That dit it! Thanks!

Since it was an XP reinstall, no default printer was set and it picked one that was on the network.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 6, 2007
weird, but it seems to work. <shrug> 🙂
JP
JB_Pruett
Aug 7, 2007
I downloaded the trial version of CS3 yesterday. I couldn’t open any file, CS3 would shut down. After install and uninstall three times, this is the cure. With a twist make sure the printer is plugged in to your computer.
A
AvinashTripathi
Aug 8, 2007
I face a problem with Photoshop CS3 extended too.. It just refuses to open any files and nothing functions. And it ahppens every now and then.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections