Need Help With Photoshop Elements Tryout…..

KL
Posted By
Kelsey_L
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have downloaded it before and it worked fine, but now i can’t open it it keeps wanting me to unzip it and i do, and i can’t find the unziped folder any where. so i thought i would download photoshop 6 tryout (which i have downloaded before and worked fine) and it installed and everything fine but wont let me save anything, its driving me insane, any help would be great, as i need to get a few things done for a project and im not able to do it at school, and i dont’ have the money to just buy the program that i will never really use again…help….

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2004
Kelsey,

First, I’d like to know where you got the Photoshop Elements 1.0 and Photoshop 6.0 tryouts.. ?? Adobe is only showing version 2.0 and CS for thos products.

Then, it is my understanding that you can’t install and run a tryout more than once… Perhaps I’m wrong, but that could be what’s causing your problem right now.

Ray
KL
Kelsey_L
Apr 26, 2004
well this was about 6 months ago that i got it all downloaded rite, it was the same computer, but it got a whole wack of upgrades and i thought it would run alot better now, but its not going anywhere, i got the elements 1 and photoshop 6 tryouts from a website my info tech teacher gave me, sorry i dont’ know the site anymore, but i can try and find it,

im trying to download the elements 2 but it wont fully download or it won’t unzip or it wont go any further after unziping,

got the photoshop cs downloaded and it opened, but i can’t save anything , is this just a feature of the tryout that you can’t save?
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2004
Kelsey,

No need to post the address, I was just curious as to where you found this software (I was sure it wasn’t on Adobe’s website).

I think Photoshop CS should save files. I know, for sure, that Photoshop 6 didn’t allow users to save files.

Photoshop CS is designed to work under Windows XP or 2000. Is your system meeting the basic needs? Photoshop Elements is ok with Windows 98 and up, though.

If you have an anti-virus, disable it for duration of the installation, that could help.

Since you’re considering Photoshop CS, you might want to post your question on the Photoshop Forum, you’ll find other folks who might have already faced the same issues as you did.

Ray
KL
Kelsey_L
Apr 26, 2004
thanks for your help
DK
David_Knibb
Apr 26, 2004
Photoshop elements tryout is there right now on the Adobe site. But it’s large at 111mb, and will take hours to download on a dial up line.
David
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 26, 2004
And usually drops a few bytes somewhere along the line and won’t install anyway (using dialup).

Mac
KL
Kelsey_L
Apr 26, 2004
thanks for your guy’s help, i got the photoshop cs tryout and its working, and i asked my mom why the elements didnt’ work and she gave me a reason i dont’ remember, she used big words (design tech) so yeah, thanks for everyones help, it only took like 10 mins to download (adsl) thanks again everyone
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 26, 2004
10 minutes ? Would have taken me 7 hours or so with dial-up 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections