JD
Posted By
James_D.
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the Photoshop Elements 2 Tryout on the computer for a long time – and frankly, never had the time to really try it – my own fault. But now, I must remove it. Unfortunately, using Add/Remove results in a error stating the the uninst.isu is invalid or corrupted and that Elements cannot be uninstalled.

I know I can just delete the folder but that leaves all kinds of stuff laying around in the System and the Registry.

Can I just get a "uninst.isu", drop that on top of the corrupted one and go from there to Uninstall?

I don’t have the Install copy of Elements 2 tryout and even so, is it possible to extract the uninst.isu and use it to uninstall?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
brent_bertram
Nov 16, 2003
James,
I don’t know that this is possible, but if is , it may solve the problem. Re-install the tryout . Then try uninstalling it. Can’t do any more than waste your time, and perhaps it’ll work.

🙂

Brent
B
BobHill
Nov 17, 2003
If Brent’s idea doesn’t work, James, do you know how to work RegEdit?

Bob
JD
James_D.
Nov 18, 2003
Thanks Brent, but it didn’t work. I don’t know if it had anything to do with downloading the trial and installing it again or not. New build in 2.0 perhaps?

Bob: Yes, I can work RegEdit quite easily. I was going to start searching through it and deleting but if you have a list of Keys, or know what to to search for, or where I can get a list, that would be great.

James
B
BobHill
Nov 18, 2003
James,

Start with HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and do a Find for "PhotoShop Elements", then F3 through all keys. See if that doesn’t take care of the important stuff, except if you have either XP or 2000 also do a check in C:\Document and Settings\your username\Application Data for anything (preferences especially) in Elements catagory. Delete items. Now do a manual removal of the PhotoShop Elements folder (all contents). See if that doesn’t clear it from your system fully.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections