DP
Posted By
Dick_Parvin
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Until last week the Crop function on my Photoshop Elements 2.0 worked fine. Now I have no tabs on the sides — only on the corners. I can no longer extend or retract a side to select the area to crop.

Could the last automatic download from Adobe (made last week) have affected this function? How can I get the side tabs back?

Dick Parvin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 26, 2004
try the ‘reset tool’ or ‘clear’ option while the crop tool is selected.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 26, 2004
And, Dick, you didn’t get anything in that "automatic download". There haven’t been any updates, so I strongly suggest you go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the frequency to Never. It’ll speed up your start, and you won’t miss a thing. What you’re seeing is just a login process that never finds anything.
KW
Kyle_White
Apr 26, 2004
Select the crop tool, but before you start the crop operation, hit the ‘clear’ button on the toolbar across the top. Crop will assume a fixed aspect ratio if any of the height, width or resolution fields have anything in them and will only give you the corner handles.
DP
Dick_Parvin
Apr 26, 2004
Thanks for both suggestions. That clears up my problem!

Dick Parvin
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 27, 2004
Oops, at the risk of being "flip", there’s another Dick on the forum. 😉

Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections