D
Posted By
dbooth
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an updated version of PhotoShop Elements 2.x and PhotoShop Album 1.x. From PhotoShop Elements I want to retrieve images from "Album". How do I do this? It seems logical that I store my photos in "album" but when I want to do something with them using "elements", I have yet been able to figure how to retrieve the image. Thanks
dbooth

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 27, 2004
Dbooth,

Right-click on an image, and choose "Edit in Photoshop Elements…" PSE will launch (if not already running), and you’ll be able to edit your image. Once you close PSE, PSA (Album) will offer you the choice to keep the changes, discard them, or create a copy (if my memory is ok, I haven’t used it in months now).

One other way is to first, launch Elements. Then, in Album, click and hold a picture, drag it onto the task bar until Photoshop Elements becomes the active window, then drag the picture on an empty space on the background of Elements (they gray part of the screen), then release the mouse button.

You may also consider posting future questions about Photoshop Album in the designated Photoshop Album forum, if they’re Album related only that is.

Ray
AT
Anne_Twitchell
Apr 27, 2004
Bring your image into Album. Choose Edit>Preferences. When the Preferences dialog box appears choose Editing in the left hand column. Check to see if Photoshop Elements 2.0 is selected. If not, browse to select it. Click OK. Now in the Menu bar go to Edit>Edit with Photoshop Elements. You will be taken into Photoshop Elements and your image will appear there ready to be edited. When you have finished editing your image, save the changes without changing the file’s name. Close the image and switch back to Album. Your edited image will be there. If you don’t want to save the changes, right click the image and click on Revert to Original. Your images are not actually stored in Album, but remain in their orignal location (in my case in folders in My Pictures). When you import an image into Album, a proxy image is created in Album that points back to the original. That’s why it’s so important not to move your images around from location to location or folder to folder, as when that is done Album can no longer find them. I hope this is helpful.
D
dbooth
Apr 27, 2004
Ray and Anne (in order of response time) —
THANKS!!! Both of you hit the nail right on the head. Much appreciated. david booth
wolfeboro, nh
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 27, 2004
Glad to have been of help, David! Come back whenever you have questions (or comments, or to share discoveries!), we’ll always be there 🙂

Ray

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections