Posted By
bedges_mcclaverty
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi folks –

i’m using version 5.0, and it appears that the line tool is not making ‘joined-up’ lines. with line weight set to 1 pixel and anti-aliased off, there are tiny breaks in what should be a solid line. as you can imagine, this is a real pain when it comes to filling drawn shapes… any ideas?

as an aside, i leaned over to the graphics tablet the other day and must have pressed a few keys on the keyboard, as when i now try to draw a nice smooth sweeping line with the tablet, it adds ‘corners’ to it… have i accidentally activated some sort of ‘jagged’ shortcut? it didn’t do this before. i haven’t installed any new software or filters, nothing is different apart from these new problems.

any help gratefully appreciated,
thanks in the meantime
b

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

O
Odysseus
Mar 5, 2004
In article ,
(Bedges) wrote:

i’m using version 5.0, and it appears that the line tool is not making ‘joined-up’ lines. with line weight set to 1 pixel and anti-aliased off, there are tiny breaks in what should be a solid line. as you can imagine, this is a real pain when it comes to filling drawn shapes… any ideas?
You might be better off drawing paths with the Pen tool, or making selections with the Lasso &c., then stroking or filling them as required. (A major advantage of paths over selections is that they take up comparatively very little space when saved.) But a single-pixel line, if not horizontal or vertical, will generally break up to some extent.

Odysseus

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections