J
Posted By
jmattj
Jan 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I select a few pixels (10 to 20) and pick a brush to paint inside the selection, several pixels outside the selection window get tinted. I have turned anti-aliasing off and set the feathering to the lowest setting allowed (0.2), but it still won’t stay in the lines.

A similar issue occurs when I cut the selection (ctrl-x). Several tinted pixels are left behind. I want Photoshop to select ALL the pixels I select, but no more.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Jan 1, 2007
Can you post a screen capture?

<http://www.pixentral.com>
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 1, 2007
and set the feathering to the lowest setting allowed (0.2),

Do you mean the selection’s feathering? This can be set to 0 (zero).
J
jmattj
Jan 1, 2007
Thanks! I was looking at the menu option Select->Feather which is 0.2.

Now I set the OTHER feather to zero both my problems were solved.
SA
Scott_A
Feb 1, 2007
Where do you set the "other" feather to zero. I am trying to create a droplet that will resize > fit image > create white border > then save and close. The problem is that when I select all, I can not change any settings except for border. When I change the border to say 25 px, then fill, I get a feathered fill. I want a sharp crisp fill. My marquis selection tool is set to 0 already but I don’t even think that matters when you use Select all. Any thoughts? And why cant I change the Feather/Expand/Contract when I select all anyways. Also, Transform selection doesn’t work because the images are sometimes horizontal and sometimes vertical so by transforming by a certain percentage, I get uneven results. Thanks for any suggestions.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections