DM
Posted By
Dave_McElderry
Dec 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As a novice PE user I’m having a ball reading all of everyone’s posts and experimenting with the program. Sometimes it’s the smallest things that seem to give me the most trouble. This is one of them.

If I use the selection brush to select an area of a photo and then cut and paste that area onto another layer, I end up with parts of the pasted area that are semi-transparent. They look like brush strokes that allow part of the layer beneath to show through. I don’t get this if I select using a marquee or lasso tool. Sometimes, though, I prefer using the selection brush over these other tools.

Is this a normal behavior that others have experienced, or am I using the tool incorrectly?

Best of the holidays to everyone!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 24, 2003
Dave, make sure you have the Selection brush set to Hardness 100% on its toolbar – sounds like maybe you’re inadvertently using a soft brush which can act the way you describe.

Chuck
DM
Dave_McElderry
Dec 24, 2003
Chuck, an almost instantaneous and correct solution to a novice’s silly question. I thank you. I will not beat myself up over these kinds of questions right now. If I’m doing the same thing 6 months from now that will be a different story <G>. I appreciate it.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 24, 2003
Dave, If it’s a ‘silly question’, it’s probably not. And if it really is a silly question, we love ’em here.

It’s the extemely redunant questions about ‘color management’ and pixels that get a little tiring. I’ll take a silly question any time.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
Dave, don’t be so hard on yourself ! How else would you know ? That is why people like Chuck are here. Go ahead and ask away…no question is ever silly….well, it you read our thread drifts then maybe a little 😉
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 24, 2003
Dave, there are no silly questions on this forum – glad to see you using the Selection brush so early in your Elements experience. Ask away – lots of people here eager to help!

Merry Christmas to you!!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
Oh Chuck ya beat me to it !!!
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 24, 2003
Jodi, I was going to say that we have no silly questions, but silly answers are a whole ‘nother story….
😉
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
Wanna start another thread drift ?

Remember that pic you sent me of someone’s pebble art on the beach ??? That is a winner !!! I want to post it….let me.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
actually they are little sea shells and not pebbles…i knew that,,I’m a duh.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 24, 2003
You didn’t say please…..and Santa Claus is watching…. 😉

p.s. of course
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
cool, hold on
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
oh wait…thank You !
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
Chuck’s beautiful photograph;

<http://www.mybizz.net/l/w/lwsfrye/Shell-Hands-and-Heart.jpg>

Wouldn’t this look so great blown up to poster size ??
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 25, 2003
That’s pretty cool. So simple yet uniquely creative.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 25, 2003
What a really good idea … it looks so good

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections