Posted By
AFine
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am new to Photoshop and have what is probably an elementary question. My main goal is to create a Flash movie for my web-site. I started by creating the images in Photoshop, and then importing them into Flash. When I import them to Flash, the quality of the image degrades considerably. I have tried saving them as .png, and .jpg files. The png format was PNG 24, and the .jpg was saved as a "High quality" jpg. Both looked a bit blurry and muddy after importing them into Flash. Is there something that I am missing? At my previous place employment, we hired a contractor to build us a Flash site. When I looked at the images he created in Photoshop and imported to Flash, they kept there quality and definition. This leads me to believe that I am not doing something right. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 29, 2004
What resolution are you using?
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 30, 2004
Are your image (source) of the precise size at which you want to have them in Flash ? That’s important because Flash could be "damaging" them, in a figure of speech, while resizing them.

Also, make sure you view them at 100% in Phothoshop Elements. It can be deceiving to realize that you’ve worked on a 25% version of the picture (on screen, the actual file wasn’t shrunk).

Ray
A
AFine
Apr 30, 2004
Thanks to both of you for the quick response.

Beth,
Are you referring to the reolution of my computer? If so, it is 1280 X 1024. For some reason I feel that this may not be what you are asking, and if not, I apologize for the ignorance.

Ray,
I apologize for this next statement, but I am not sure where to check the settings that you are referring to, but it sounds like it could be what is happening. I am able to say that I have been making sure to view projects at 100%.

Again, thanks for the help.

Anthony
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 30, 2004
Anthony, no need to apologize, we’re all here to help!

If you look at the title bar of your image, in Photoshop Elements, you will see a percentage (if 100%, that means you’re actually viewing the image at its full size).

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 30, 2004
No need to apologize, Anthony, but I was referring to the resolution of the image itself. Ray is much more knowledgable about stuff like this, but I do know resolution can effect how an image looks. When it’s too low, an image can be blurry or pixelated/jagged. Usually for web work, 72ppi is adequate. If you’re going to print an image, then you want to make sure it’s significantly higher than that – 200 to 300ppi or thereabouts. Since I don’t do work on the kind of project you do, I don’t know if it’s an issue or not, nor do I have a clue what the appropriate resolution would be. However, at least you just learned something useful for future work with PS! 🙂

Oh, you can check the resolution of your image by going to Image>Resize>Image Size and looking in a box toward the bottom of the window. It will display the current resolution.
A
AFine
Apr 30, 2004
Ray,

It does say 100% in the title bar. I wasn’t sure about the "precise size" you mentioned earlier. Is this the same thing?

Thanks,

Anthony
A
AFine
Apr 30, 2004
Beth,

Thanks for the help, I’ll check that.

Anthony
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 30, 2004
Yes, that’s what I meant. So, make sure you’re using the same dimensions in Flash that you do in PSE. Dimensions = resolutions, as Beth indicated earlier.

Ray
A
AFine
Apr 30, 2004
Thanks for all of the help.

Anthony

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections