RR
Posted By
Robert_Rundbaken
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a TFF file. In the resize option both the canvas and the photo say 6×4. The photo though measures 3×2.

I did something wrong i know that. I’m trying to un-wrong it. In the layers panel it shows one ‘layer’ that is labeled ‘Layer 0’

There’s no background layer.

In the canvas box the 3×2 image is centered in the 4×6 canvas and there’s only the grey and white grid around it.

It prints out 6×4 with a huge white border and the 3×2 image in the center. How can I get back some control of the actual image?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 30, 2004
At this point you can only crop out the actual image you want from the center.

However, not knowing what your current ppi is, you may well not have enough real pixels remaining to get a decent print at the size you want.

Have no idea what you started with, or what you have now.

Crop it, then use Image Size to see what ppi you have at your desired print size (do this with Resample: OFF)

Mac

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections