Posted By
Nathan_Dennen
Jan 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All!

I have been having an issue with images becoming grey blocks. I am using Photoshop cs2. I save my files to a file server, and open them across the network. the file is large, aproximately 37 MB. I am running an AMD 3800 64, asus MB, 1 GB ram, 100 GB sata hard drive, radion 1300, and windows XP pro SP2. Its very frustrating… I will be working on a project, and then the sometimes the images will all turn to grey boxes. I close the project and reopen it and it usually works. Sometimes i have to restart my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nate

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Jan 4, 2007
I save my files to a file server, and open them across the network.

don’t save or open over a network!

It’s better to copy the file locally, work on it and copying it back to the server
L
LenHewitt
Jan 4, 2007
Nathan,

That sounds like a video driver problem (not withstanding the excellent advice given to you by the Nomad).

As a diagnostic, try turning down Harware Acceleration to zero. If that helps it is definitely a video driver problem and you should look for an updated video driver.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections