Posted By
Paul_F_Woodward
Jan 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I’m doing some print work for a client whos already working with a specific printer. The thing is, the printing company claims that they need fonts embedded in the piece but also need it in a PSD file format. I tried saving it as a PDF with embedded fonts and then resaving as a psd but that didn’t work. Is the printer just crazy? It doesn’t matter where I search or what reference I check, there doesn’t seem to be a way to do this. Any ideas?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 4, 2007
Is the printer just crazy?

Aren’t they all? 😉

Whatever he says , I reckon he means PDF
PF
Paul_F_Woodward
Jan 4, 2007
Thats what I thought too, so I asked twice. No such luck. I was going to just send her the artwork along with the fonts, but of course I’m not having any luck getting the fonts on to a CD. And yes, they are all crazy, as far as I’ve seen.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 4, 2007
I’m not having any luck getting the fonts on to a CD.

<lateral thinking mode> Why not send a PDF and a PSD, and let them pick the bones as they see fit? </ltm>
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 4, 2007
Basically, you can’t embed fonts in a PDF. Send a jpg at 72 dpi. That’ll keep ’em happy.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Jan 4, 2007
You certainly can embed fonts in a PDF. It’s one of the benefits of hte format. PHOTOSHOP can’t, and outlines the fonts instead.
AB
Arnor Baldvinsson
Jan 4, 2007
Hi Don,

Basically, you can’t embed fonts in a PDF. Send a jpg at 72 dpi. That’ll keep ’em happy.

You can embed fonts in PDF, not PSD.

Arnor Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections