JB
Posted By
John_Becich
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0.2. I’m running it under Win2K + sp4. I have a new P4 computer. Plenty of RAM.
The smudge tool has never worked. I have only attempted to use it on JPG files. I used the smudge tool to considerable satisfaction under a prior Adobe JPG editor, namely, Photoshop LE 5.0.

Am I the only person that has this problem? Is there a patch I need to know about?

Any help would be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi_Frye
May 4, 2004
from past experience before I got more memory ( I had 384 dram and bumped it up to 896 )….when I had high resolution images the smudge tool worked very slowly…took a while for my system to catch up to what I was doing….but it still worked.

Try resetting your preferences;

hold down alt+ctrl+shift immediately after launching the program…( do it quick)say ‘yes’ to the pop up.
JB
John_Becich
May 10, 2004
I fixed this problem.
While in the smudge function, you might notice there is a "mode" setting. I had mine set to "hue," for some reason. When I rolled it to "normal," I got what I wanted. Now I can smudge to my heart’s delight.

Thanks, Jody, for your reply.
MS
Mark_Sand
May 10, 2004
John,
I sometimes get into the same situation, where a tool suddenly does not seems to work right. I make a habit of resetting a tool’s options before I use it: click on the tool’s icon at the far left of the toolbar and select Reset Tool. Better yet, select Reset All Tools.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections