Posted By
Agnar_Renolen
Oct 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I will soon have a panoramic image generated from a 3D-rendering program at a mountain top. On this top, a circular map is going to be set up that will have the panorama projected on to the outer fringe (ring) of the map.

See the following sample:
<http://www.emap.no/images/temp/grakallen.jpg>

Now, the chalenge is to project the panoramic image on to the ring outside the map. It needs to be accurate, so the markings of other mountain tops in the map actually hits the same top on the horizon of the panorama ring.

Does anyone have a clue how to do this in Photoshop or in Illustrator.

Agnar Renolen
Trondheim

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 22, 2008
Agnar,

Are you projecting onto a large circular table, viewable to visitors walking around it? If so, you’re set to go. You just need a projector. I don’t know what you need to do in Photoshop (or Illustrator).

Are you projecting the entire image onto the inside of a dome? If so, the brown skyline is upside down — and I can’t see this being projected onto the floor.

Are you projecting just the computerized skyline onto a cylindrical section of the outside wall? If so, then what you need is a straight-line skyline, not a circle.

If more explanation is needed, can you also provide a drawing or photograph of the place that this will be installed in and where the projected image will be displayed?

The challenge (as I understand it) it simply to find a projector or several perfectly aligned projectors to project the computerized skyline onto the appropriate surface and line it up with the actual skyline.

Neil
RD
Richard_de_Koeyer
Oct 22, 2008
Or is this more of what you’re looking for:
<http://www.3drender.com/light/PolarPan/>
From PS Distort>Polar image and a mirrored cylinder (I found some from a puzzle company), the relected panorama looks pretty good.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections