Posted By
il_divino
Oct 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear all,

I’ve got a problem with the photoshop CS3 which i’m working with. The problem is it hits a program error and just crash when i tried to edit a picture with it. This happened after hours i spent working on an image, and just suddenly, when i want to save it, a dialog box just popping up, it says "Photoshop can not save the file because of a program error". No matter what i tried to do, i just couldn’t save the image i’ve done, i had to quit photoshop and re-open it again. This hadn’t just happened once or twice to me.

So, please, if any of you guys can help me, please tell me why this happened, and how to remove this disease from my photoshop?

Thanks in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GB
g_ballard
Oct 24, 2008
you might try adding program error to your search and look for known issues, routine maintenance, software update, adobe updater, new user account

also what system you are running…i hope you have your data backed up, and save copies of files during your work
ID
il_divino
Oct 24, 2008
@ g ballard : i’m running on mac os x.. thanks for your suggestion though

anyone else can help me?
GB
g_ballard
Oct 24, 2008
help me?

maybe with 50 more questions…
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 24, 2008
il,

This happened after hours i spent working on an image, and just suddenly, when i want to save it

If you literally work for hours without saving, sorry, that’s an open invitation to failure. Never let files go unsaved for any longer than you care to spend reconstructing them. Develop a "Command-S" twitch in your left hand.

How many history states? How large a file? Which OS X — specifically? Which computer? How much RAM? How much free hard disk space? How large a dedicated scratch disk? What kind of system maintenance do you do? How many other apps do you have open? What background operations are going on (including stuff like iTunes, backups, scanning, virus scanning, etc., etc.)?

OK, that whittles down g’s list a bit. < g>

Neil
B
Buko
Oct 24, 2008
i’m running on mac os x

hmmm. that narrows it down.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections