AR
Posted By
Andrea_Reed
Oct 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Alright. I have CS3 and am ‘trying’ to get used to it. I am trying to do a vintage effect and of course this takes many steps. One of the steps (almost one of the lasts) is to go to Filter>Distort>Lens Correction AND then from there, use the Vignette Slider, etc…

Well, Under MY Filter, there is NO distort, there was in my CS2, so I dunno what the deal is. I used the Help Search and it found the distort under the Edit>Transform>Distort. BUT, the distort is greyed out! I have tried everything. It IS in 8 bit, I’ve even tried 16 bit… NOT working. The only time distort even comes up is if I go to another ‘blank’ layer… and of course, I can’t do anything with it! 🙁

so, what do i need to do to get the distort working… it’s there, but it’s greyed out. Please help. And I don’t know if this will give my email or not, please feel free to email me also with your help! 😀 thanks!

A*

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Cindy
Oct 25, 2008
Uh-oh
R
Ram
Oct 25, 2008
Andrea,

Please come back to the forum to look for replies.

Email responses would defeat the purpose of the forum, which is for everybody to benefit from all questions and answers, not just the original poster.

Additionally, we are all users just like you, just trying to help each other out. You are not addressing Adobe here.
AR
Andrea_Reed
Oct 26, 2008
I can’t find any information in the forums about this? where do I need to post? a*
P
Phosphor
Oct 26, 2008
You need to tell us a bit more about what exactly you are trying to accomplish. "Vintage effect " can mean any number of things. Are you following a tutorial? What kind of image are you dealing with?

For Edit>Transform you may need to have an active selection or make the Background into a Layer.
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 26, 2008
Andrea,

Help!!! Newbie here!

I know you’re new here, and I’d like to welcome you to this forum. However, please understand that (in addition to the previous posts here), a generic "HELP!!!" subject line won’t bring you responses: Folks scanning the topics have no idea what the problem is, and even if they may have an answer, they may not bother to click on the generic topic, read it and post.

As a Forum Host, I can change your topic subject line to be more useful and drive more traffic to it, if you wish. Please post back how you’d like to change it.

Neil
CB
charles badland
Oct 27, 2008
Well, Under MY Filter, there is NO distort…

Is your Photoshop app residing in the Photoshop folder in the main Applications folder? If you moved Photoshop from where it was installed, you’ll be missing filters (among other problems).
Easy fix, just close the app and put it back where it belongs: Go>Applications>Photoshop CS3 (folder)>Photoshop CS3.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections