EA
Posted By
Earl_Alexander
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have some digital jpeg photos with dimensions of 2048×1536 with a size of 1.01MB and higher. They are photos of tombstones that I want to put online. The requirements are that the photos be 250 KB or less. I have photoshop elements 2.0. what is the step by step way to resize and get them the 250 kb or less and still have a readable stone? Is this done with the Save for web option and as simple as changing the width and height to around 340×255? Any help appreaciated.

Earl

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 12, 2004
Yes, Save For Web is the way to go.

You can get 800 pixel wide images to about 100k with quality 50 settings (which is generally fine for web usage).

Mac
JG
JR Gardiner
May 12, 2004
Earl,
There are other ways to resize, but using the "Save for Web" option
is by far the easiest. You cab play with the "quality" slider and the
dimensions to get an image just the way you want it.

Regards,
John Gardiner
Public opinion is what people think other people are thinking. wrote in message
| I have some digital jpeg photos with dimensions of 2048×1536 with a size of 1.01MB and higher. They are photos of tombstones that I want to put online. The requirements are that the photos be 250 KB or less. I have photoshop elements 2.0. what is the step by step way to resize and get them the 250 kb or less and still have a readable stone? Is this done with the Save for web option and as simple as changing the width and height to around 340×255? Any help appreaciated.
|
| Earl
EA
Earl_Alexander
May 13, 2004
Thanks Mac,
It does seem Save for Web is the way to go.

Earl

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections