MW
Posted By
Michael_Windle
Oct 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have upgraded from CS3 to CS4 and have a problem with standard screen mode. Each time I open an image in standard screen mode it only fills part of the screen and not all the available space.

I have to drag the image manually to fill the screen. Having done that if I then open another image, the new image reverts back to the original size.

The amount of space the image occupies also changes depending on the % magnification of the image.

The other two screen modes appear to work fine, and having manually dragged the image to fit, if I scroll through the modes with the F key the standard screen mode retains its size for that image only.

I have a macpro, O/S 10.5.5, 8gb ram,

Any advice would be appreciated.

Michael

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MW
Michael_Windle
Oct 26, 2008
I think that I have answered my own question but the solution may help others.

What is missing from CS4 is "maximised screen mode", to achieve the same result select Window>Application frame, then drag the image to suite and hey presto, there it stays.

Michael
B
Buko
Oct 26, 2008
maximised screen mode

what an abomination that was, just as much as the application frame. Thank god Adobe was smart enough to turn it off.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 26, 2008
Actually, now that I have got the Application Frame on a Keyboard Shortcut for instant appearance and disappearance, I find that it does have its uses!

And i never thought that i would find myself saying THAT!!!

🙂
B
Buko
Oct 26, 2008
the only use I have found for it is its non use.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections