JA
Posted By
John_A._Baldwin
Oct 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop CS3, the click-hold functionality for tools is not working. The submenu does not show up.

I can CONTROL-CLICK and the submenu comes up fine.

I’ve tried resetting the tools, and deleting PS prefs file, but neither have fixed the problem.

None of the other CS3 apps seem to be affected, just Photoshop. The mouse is fine (checked system preferences as well), and same problem occurs when remote-ing into the machine using the administrative Mac’s mouse.

I’ve also tried changing the tools bar to two-columns and no change (normally we keep it at a single column). I don’t have any other mods to tools, no add-ins added to Photoshop.

Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Oct 27, 2008
and deleting PS prefs file

That doesn’t do much.

Try properly trashing your preferences by holding down Command Option Shift as you launch Photoshop, then checking all three boxes when asked to.
JA
John_A._Baldwin
Oct 28, 2008
Thank you.

That was a partial fix. I reset the preferences using the COMMAND-OPTION-SHIFT launch, and it was now working, but it was delayed by a few seconds.

I then checked and fixed/changed the System Preferences – Keyboard and Mouse – Mouse (Tab) – Double-click Speed setting back to "second hash from right side" (a user set it all the way to the left).

So now the problem is solved. Thanks.
P
Phosphor
Oct 28, 2008
John…

What sort of mouse are you working with?

If you have multiple buttons, you may want to configure one of them to act as a Control + Click.

I’ve done this since I got my first multi-button mouse many years ago, and I access it 100 times a day.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections