LB
Posted By
Laura_B
May 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sometimes the color eyedropper keeps changing to a round circle. How can I keep it from changing to this, I really prefer the dropper. Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CR
Chris_Rankin
May 14, 2004
Laura,
Go to Edit>Preferances>Display & Cursors – set the Other cursors option to Precise

If that doesn’t work you may have to delete your preferance file and let Elements build a new one.

CR
LB
Laura_B
May 14, 2004
I tried the first option. I’m not sure how to do delete the preferance file. Thanks P.S. I’m working in Windows.
LB
Laura_B
May 14, 2004
I tried the first option. I’m not sure how to delete the preferance file. Thanks P.S. I’m working in Windows.
CR
Chris_Rankin
May 14, 2004
When you launch Elements hold down the Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys at the same time. A dialog box should appear asking if you want to delete preferances, answer yes, Elements will continue to load and will build a new preferances file. It should work for you then.

CR
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 15, 2004
Laura,

When PSE’s cursor take a different look (the eye dropper or any other), have a look at the caps lock key… It’s probably engaged, and when this happen, PSE will show the alternate set of cursors (the precise instead of the standard ones).

Ray
J
JPWhite
May 15, 2004
Laura,

Your problem is almost certainly linked to the state of the caps lock key.

Fire up Elements and press caps lock a few times, see the change in the cursor type? Many Photoshop tools change their appearance in reaction to the state of the caps lock key.

JP

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections