Rob_Kyles
May 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
I am new to Photoshop Elements.
When I go to File|open the dialog shows all picture formats, and if I select a jpeg it gives a preview. However if I select a larger bmp file, say 10Mb or so, it gives no preview even if I right-click and choose ‘preview’.
I am using PShop E 2.0, Win2k, 256Mb Ram 900Mhz processor

Any pointers greatfully received 🙂

Rob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 15, 2004
Rob,

I’m using PE 1 on an XP machine so this is not the best of answers. I hope someone with the same config as your’s or at least with PE 2 will come up with a more definitive answer.

I don’t get a preview in the File, Open dialogue box of any BMP, even a 900kb created by PE using "Save as" from a jpg. If I set the View to thumbnail I have one for the BMP file but that is a Windows function not Elements. When I right click and select Preview my default windows picture/fax viewer opens and displays the picture but, again, right clicking in the open dialogue is a windows function rather than Elements.

If I use Elements’ File Browser the BMP Thumbnail is there and treated like any other picture format.

PSD and TIFF show a preview just fine. It may be that neither version of Elements will preview BMP files.

Bob
RK
Rob_Kyles
May 16, 2004
Hi Bob

Thanks for the tip, I always use detail view so hadn’t thought of thumbnail view, which works fine, albeit slowly.

I will probably use PSD format more as well as Jpg

Thanks again,
regards
Rob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections