BW
Posted By
Barbara_Wayne
May 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well this seems to be working so far, maybe some of you gardeners with vegetable gardens want to give it a try also. I attached CD’s to the tomato cages with twisty-ties to scare off the birds, the reflecting does the trick and also hides the fruit. They do sell bird scare tape in the garden stores, but why not recycle. I had a few from some ISP offers and a bad burn or two. In the past the Mockingbirds would come in and poke holes into the green tomatoes or devour the red almost ripe ones, not anymore! 🙂

Barb

p.s. I’m sorry Bob Hill about the OT, but I wanted to share this with the forum gardeners.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SS
Susan_S.
May 17, 2004
My father (who is totally computer illiterate) uses all the special offer internet CDs that come through his door for this purpose and has done so for some years. He (despite my agitations!) does not own a computer and is not connected to the internet! As with most such things, after a while the birds get used to them and realise that they are no threat.

Susan S
JC
Jane Carter
May 17, 2004
My grandkids loved to play with the CDs when they were babies, but now I think I will use them to protect my husband’s tomato plants as you suggest. We have rabbits here, and the dog won’t chase them any more.
Thanks for the idea. This is not all that OT, as we can take pictures of our gardens and the wonderful tomatoes that we raise.
Jane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections