OS X Panther and Epson drivers… whassup?

TF
Posted By
Tony_Fraley
May 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, Panther users,…

Some of you may remember my gushing over the print quality of my Epson R300 printer a couple of weeks back. Well now, I’m basically without a printer after upgrading to Panther.

I realize that this is *probably* something that I should be able to take care of, but I’m at a loss as to where I should start. During the OS install, I made sure that I installed both sets of Epson drivers, along with the GIMP (is that correct?) drivers, but there seem to be none that are compatible with my printer.

I checked the Epson site for an update, and all that I can find there is a driver that is for Jaguar versions 10.2 – 10.2.6. I know that some of you here are using Panther, so what’s the secret? Thanks for your time.

Tony

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

HP
Helen_Polson
May 25, 2004
Wish I could help you Tony! I’ve only got an old Epson 830, but my problem is that I can’t print right to the edges from the Mac (although this feature works fine on the PC). The R300 looks like a brilliant printer though- in fact I was looking to upgrade to one of those but I shall hold off after reading about these problems.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections