Posted By
John_R._Collins
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I think someone answered this question some months ago but Ihave forgotten what it was. When I open a picture in pe2, its size is a whopping 50%. I’d prefer 20% or less. How do I change the default opening size of my photos?

John

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JH
Jim_Hess
May 26, 2004
You don’t have any control over that feature. Photoshop Elements opens an image in what it considers to be the most logical percentage to enable it to display the image. And it is not set at a default of 50 percent. If I open an image taken with my two megapixel camera, in opens at 66.7 percent, and if I open an image taken with my five megapixel camera in opens at 16 percent. I’m guessing that you have about a three megapixel camera.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 27, 2004
I think you’ll notice that the apparent sharpness of the image on your monitor(not to be mistaken for the actual sharpness in a print) is better at 25% and 50% than it is at the odd numbers. I’m sure there’s a technical reason for that and I’ll bet someone can explain. In any even, like Jim, I have pictures opening at different percentages. I usually bump them up to 25 or 50 at that point.

Chuck

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections