Sam’s Teach Yourself Photoshop Elements 2.0–Comments?

BS
Posted By
Bob_Shirt
May 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been browsing through a copy of Sam’s Teach Yourself Photoshop Elements 2.0. It looks like a good tutorial to me. Has anyone had any experience with this or any of the other Sam’s books and do you have any observations?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
kateri
May 31, 2004
I’m a newbie and interested in responses to this topic as well. Thanks for asking, Bob.
B
bethC
May 31, 2004
Well Bob, I don’t have the Sam’s Teach Yourself Photoshop Elements 2.0 book . . .but I have plenty of other Sam books including Web Publishing with HTML 4, Office 2000, Perl and Javascript 1.3. So I’m a big fan of the Sam books. I find it is a good practice to work through a chapter a day – gives you time to let the information sink in (at least for me) 🙂 and you will find you stick to it and before you know it – you have finished the book.

Gook Luck

beth
GD
Grant_Dixon
May 31, 2004
Sam’s are ok. While you can’t go wrong with them and they do offer a comprehensive covering of the topic I find you can do better if you know where to look. For getting started in Elements I really like the book "50 Fast Digital Photo Techniques" by Gregory Georges. As the book’s title would lead you to believe there are 50 wonderful exercises that you work through. All are extremely interesting and all are fun. While you can plod through it an exercise a day I suspect, like me, you will plough through the book and forget anything else in the world that has to be attended to ‘house work ….PSSSST’. Once done you will have a very strong understanding of Elements.

Now there are other books and the best place to get a feel about them is from our own Bob Warren great website.
http://www.rewarren.com/challenge/challenge.htm scroll down and you will find a like to some great books.

g.
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 1, 2004
Get them all, the more books the better!
Used from Amazon, that is the way to get them. You cannot have too many books! When you are finished with them, just do like I do, take them to your local school library.
Jane

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections