Posted By
fernando_zamora
Nov 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello

i’ve been having this problem where my cursor doesn’t match the position of my tool on the canvas. for example if making a selection marquee, the selection will be made about 20 pixels to the right and bottom from my cursor. the shifted amount varies from session to session and goes away by selecting a different workspace, but it soon comes back again.

anyone having this issue?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 6, 2008
fernando,

An idea of your hardware and software installation would be helpful in any post like this. Also knowing if you are using precise cursors or…?

Without knowing more than we do, all I can suggest is resetting your tool or application preferences.

Neil
FZ
fernando_zamora
Nov 6, 2008
thanks neil

i’m on a G5 dual processor with latest leopard update

i’m using full size cursors but have tried standard and precise and this happens in both settings.

the issue also sometimes happens on a per window basis when i have more than one document opened. on one document the cursor will behave fine and when i switch to the other document it won’t.
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 6, 2008
Standard Pixel ratio?
Regular mouse, or Wacom tablet?
FZ
fernando_zamora
Nov 6, 2008
standard pixel ratio with wacom tablet. i don’t have a regular mouse to test with at the moment.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 6, 2008
Have you downloaded and installed the latest Wacom driver?

I also suggest that you run Cocktail to clean out caches etc..
DL
Dave_Lipscombe
Nov 25, 2008
I had the exact same problem and downloaded Cocktail. Cleared out my caches and now it works great. Good call Ann. You’re a genius.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Nov 25, 2008
The mixing of Cocktail is the "genius’ part of it.

Downing one regularly is the easy part.

🙂

Glad that it worked for you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections