PE Elements 2.0 – Part numbers? Sam’s Club deal?

ML
Posted By
Mike_Lehn
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a newly purchased (still shrink-wrapped) copy of the product with the part number 7 18659 27522 8. Now I just noticed what looks like the identical product on samsclub.com for almost $40 less, but its UPC part number is listed as 7 18569 34867 0. Is there any real difference between these 2 part numbers?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 3, 2004
Nobody has ever brought up the issue of a part number before, but my guess is one may have been a slightly different "run" of Elements. I don’t even have a part number anymore, because the version of PSE 2 I bought contained a $30 rebate, and submitting the rebate form also required mailing in the UPC seal. Go for the one that’s $40 less, because there wouldn’t be any difference in the sotware itself.
J
jhjl1
Jun 3, 2004
I would check and see if one included PS Album.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
like the identical product on samsclub.com for almost $40 less,
B
barbschaller
Jun 3, 2004
In article ,
wrote:

I have a newly purchased (still shrink-wrapped) copy of the product with the part number 7 18659 27522 8. Now I just noticed what looks like the identical product on samsclub.com for almost $40 less, but its UPC part number is listed as 7 18569 34867 0. Is there any real difference between these 2 part numbers?

Mine has a different UPC code than either of those two. I have the academic version. I was told there’s no difference in the academic version and the "regular" version except the price and to whom it’s sold. —
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Sam I Am updated 5/30/04. Only 3-1/2 weeks until my birthday. "Shop early, shop often, shop big." Good gin and cheap chocolate preferred. Or is it cheap gin and good chocolate? I can never remember. . . .
LP
LamanchaDQ_Panza
Jun 3, 2004
My recently purchased PSE 2.0 + Photo Album part number was 7 18659 34582 2 and cost about $40 more than the PSE 2.0-only deal from the same vendor. I tell you this only for what its worth for I know nothing about Adobe’s part numbering system.
WE
William_E_Tyler
Jun 3, 2004
My guess is that the Sam’s Club version is not eligible for the $30 upgrade rebate. I bought PSE2 from WalMart and Adobe refused to give me the $30 rebate. They claimed that WalMart was not an "authorized dealer" and that the version I had purchased was already discounted and thus not eligible for the rebate. Since I paid about $60, I still came out OK.
ML
Mark_Levesque
Jun 4, 2004
That’s odd. I bought PE2 and Photoshop Album from Costco on sale for $30 off, and it came with a $30 rebate so the final cost was (I think) $29 for both. They gave me no problems with the rebate.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 5, 2004
Given the difference in business philosophies between the two companies, I’m not at all surprised that Adobe holds one in higher esteem than the other. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections