DB
Posted By
Darren_Berkey
Jan 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We have a couple of graphics workstations that use Photoshop CS over a Citrix connection. They have dual monitors and when they start PhotoShop, it begins to load but then stops with the following error…

"Could not initialize Photoshop because Photoshop cannot create any more windows".

When they click "OK", Photoshop closes.

Now, if we go into the video card properties, turn off the second monitor and THEN start Photoshop, it works fine. Once Photoshop is running, we can go back into the video card properties and turn the second monitor back on and continue using Photoshop on both monitors without any problems. The next time they try to start Photoshop with both monitors on, they get the same error and have to go through the routine of turning off the second monitor. (I’m a network admin here and they’re asking me to fix it.)

Basically, Photoshop won’t start with two monitors running and I’m trying to figure out why. The one system has a GeForce FX 5200 and the other system is running a Quadro FX 550.

It probably has something to do with Citrix because we have another graphics workstation with dual monitors that has Photoshop installed locally and it doesn’t have this problem.

Any insight whatsoever will be helpful because I’m pretty much at a dead end here.

Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections