RL
Posted By
richard_l_skover
Dec 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve all of a sudden encountered a problem with the brushes in Photoshop CS3. When I want to paint with a brush I click the mouse to start laying down paint, but all I get is a spot at that point, nothing happens as I drag the mouse until I release the mouse button- then a path is made from where I first clicked the mouse to where I released the button. How do I get to the point where I can just lay down paint normally with the brush?

Dick Skover

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Dec 2, 2008
tell us more about your computer and when this started happening.
RL
richard_l_skover
Dec 2, 2008
I’m running a 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac,2 GB SDRAM, and OS X 10.4.11. This first started happening this morning- I’ve never had a problem like this before. After I sent the email, I went back to the application and the brush was working fine again. About an hour later I went back again and I had the same problem. I then thought it might be my mouse- I am using the mouse that comes with the Wacom tablet. At that point I tried my logitech mouse and the problem disappeared- went back to my Wacom mouse and the problem was gone for it also. Any idea what’s happening?

Richard Skover
CC
Chris_Cousins
Jan 30, 2009
Hi Richard – I’ve been having this problem too for the last few weeks. Photoshop seems to only register the first and last position of the brushstroke, and tries to draw a line between them. Only solution I can find so far is to quit & relaunch Photoshop then all is well.

OSX10.4.11, dual proc G5/3Gb RAM using a Wacom tablet.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections