RG
Posted By
Raymond_Graber
Dec 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a G5 a Dual 2.0 GHz PowerPC with four RAM slots, and a ATI Radeon 9600 card. I just upgraded to PSCS4 Standard, and want to take advantage of the OpenGL technology. I’m having trouble finding the PPC nVidia 7800 256MB tested by Adobe. Is there any other video cards suggestions or a source to find the PPC nVidia 7800 256MB?

Thanks…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 4, 2008
I got a mutant "Flashed for Mac" PPC nVidia 7800GT 256MB from AppleMacanix who have an eBay store.

They list them all the time as a "Buy Now".

Mine has been fine.
G
G5b
Dec 5, 2008
I’m using a 2003 G5 with a Radeon 9650 and have no problems using the optional AllowOldGPUS.plugin.

Your mileage may vary but it might tide you over until you can upgrade.
RZ
rakefet_Zehavi
Dec 22, 2008
Im using 2005, G5 with Radeon 9650. I have installed AllowOldGPUS.plugin But the open gl option is still grayed out… maybe it is os 10.4.11…. Any suggestions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections